Robyn’s audio CD:
Singing and dance music from the Middle East!
Contents of the CD:
- Turkish folk songs. The songs Leylâ and Karanfil, from eastern Turkey. Studio recording with the sazlar (Turkish lute) orchestra of the AMAN International Music and Dance Ensemble.
- Persian classical music. A live performance of dastgâh Homayun. Instruments: târ (Persian lute), daire (frame drum). Sung in ersian.
- Songs from the Republic of Georgia. Folk songs from the Caucasus mountains. Sung in Georgian. Live performance with Ralph Etheart. Instrument: changuri (Georgian fretless lute).
- Persian dance music. A live performance in dastgâh Segâh. The song Kolâh Makhmali “felt hat”), followed by a reng (dance piece) by Khâlati, reng-e del-goshâh,
and a reng by Rezâ Mahchubi. Instruments: târ, tonbak (hand drum, played by Susan Rudnicki). Sung in Persian.
- Egyptian folk music. Dance music from upper Egypt. Instruments: ney (reed flute) and i>mazhar (large tambourine). Live performance. Sung in Arabic.
- Karadeniz folk songs. Three songs from the eastern
Black Sea region of Turkey.
- Leyli-o-Majnun. Persian poetry and dance music in the gushe of Leyli-o Majnun.
- Alevi songs. Spiritual music from rural Turkey. Instruments: saz and daire (Massoud Modirian).
- Persian sufi music. A live performance of dastgâh Navâ, featuring poetry by Mowlânâ elâleddin Rumi. Instruments: târ, daire. Sung in Persian.
Or . . . send a check for $10 + $2 s/h = $12 made out to “Siegel & Friend” to:
c/o Snark Records
19 Golden Spar Place
Rolling Hills Estates, California 90274